The Canadian Opera Company invites applications for the full-time, entry-level position of Digital Marketing Co-ordinator. Reporting directly to the Associate Manager, Digital Marketing and working closely with the Interim Director of Marketing and the Director of Public Relations, the Digital Marketing Co-ordinator is responsible for supporting all COC digital
marketing initiatives including website maintenance and digital content creation, e-mail and social media-based marketing.
- Researching, creating, co-ordinating and producing interactive media content for coc.ca, working closely with the Digital Marketing Associate Manager
- Monitoring and responding to comments and inquiries across all social media platforms; identifying and solving potential customer service issues; bringing concerns forward to relevant managers
- Updating COC Radio, the COC’s online video and audio service, with new content, including editing, digitizing, uploading and embedding content and writing descriptive copy
- Creating, writing, curating and organizing content for Parlando, the COC’s blog
- Creating and scheduling all status updates for four Facebook pages, two Twitter accounts, and other social media properties
- General website maintenance such as moderating blog comments, building pages within the Content Management Systems, updating images, etc.
- Working with other departments to ensure that coc.ca is updated regularly with correct information about performances, artists and other COC initiatives
- Editing imagery daily for digital use and maintaining online image-sharing accounts (Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, Pinterest)
- Live-tweeting major COC events such as the Season Announcement, Ensemble Studio Competition, Operanation, dress rehearsals and a variety of other special events as needed
- Creating and distributing e-mails for targeted e-mail marketing lists to promote COC projects, and special ticketing initiatives
- Writing and proofreading website, social media, and e-mail copy
- Working closely with the Digital Marketing Associate Manager to create and follow digital strategies and plans for the future
- Using a variety of tools to monitor social media, such as Google Analytics to create reports to track audience activity, and HootSuite for Facebook and Twitter updates.
- Assistance with modifications related to Tessitura and WordFly
- A post-secondary education in and/or experience in digital marketing
- Superior written communications skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Dreamweaver, Photoshop/Fireworks, Flash, Premiere and Soundbooth, HTML, Google analytics, and Microsoft Office
- A strong understanding of, and an active personal and professional use of, social media and other digital communications tools
- Experience working in CMS
- An outgoing personality, creative flair, musicality and a proven ability to think outside the box
- The ability to work effectively as a member of a large team, set priorities, and manage multiple, diverse and ongoing projects
- A love of the performing arts and an appreciation of opera
About the Canadian Opera Company
The Canadian Opera Company is the largest producer of opera in Canada and one of the largest in North America, producing six mainstage productions and a free concert series in its universally-acclaimed opera house, the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts. The COC maintains its international reputation for artistic excellence and creative innovation by creating new productions within its diverse repertoire, collaborating with leading opera companies and
festivals, and attracting the world’s foremost Canadian and international artists. The COC’s opera house, the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts, is hailed internationally as one of the finest in the world. For more information on the COC, visit its award-winning website, coc.ca.
Please submit resume and cover letter by Wednesday, July 23, 2014 to:
The COC thanks in advance all applicants; only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls.