Primary supporter of the Canadian Stage RBC Emerging Artist Program: RBC Foundation
Canadian Stage is pleased to invite submissions for the seventh annual RBC Emerging Artist Program: Company in Residence (formerly the GYM Team) for one year beginning in August 2014. The deadline for submissions is August 7, 2014.
This initiative was created to support artists who are developing and producing theatre as new independent companies. The residency is designed to offer encouragement, professional development opportunities, and resources toward a project in development for a Toronto-based company in their early years.
One company will be selected, and the residency runs August 2014 through June 2015. It is intended for busy artists with many projects on the go, so the time commitment will vary throughout the year and the schedule will be set by the successful company in collaboration with the Artistic & Company Manager.
The residency includes:
- An opportunity to develop a project which will receive a work-in-progress showing during one of the following time periods: February 8-21, March 7-20, or April 11-24, 2015
- Additional access to rehearsal space as schedules permit
- Letters of support as requested
- The opportunity to curate at least one session (i.e. a panel discussion or workshop) for emerging artists, addressing a topic of your choice
- Informational interviews with staff and artistic affiliates
- Access to the Canadian Stage script library
- Listing on the Canadian Stage website
- Additional opportunities as they arise
The Templeton Philharmonic, Single Thread Theatre Company, Theatre Caravel, Nobody’s Business Theatre, lemonTree theatre creations, I’d Rather Dance, Suburban Beast, Theatre Kairos, The Original Norwegian
To apply, please submit:
- A brief statement outlining why you would like to be our 14.15 RBC Emerging Artist
- Program: Company in Residence, and how it would assist your future artistic endeavours
- A company mission statement
- Brief biographies of key company members
- A brief history of your company
- Brief descriptions of any projects you have in development
- Your availability for project development and presentation during the 3 following time periods: Feb 8-21, Mar 7-20, and Apr 11-24, 2015
Please email all materials in a single document to Artistic & Company Manager Joanne Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on Thursday, August 7, 2014 using the subject line: “Emerging Artist Company in Residence Submission”.
All applicants will receive a response and may request feedback should they not be selected.
For more information, please contact Artistic & Company Manager Joanne Williams at 416-367-8243 ext. 245 or email@example.com