Beautifully situated in the heart of Southern Ontario, between the waterfront of Lake Ontario and the serene beauty of the Niagara Escarpment, the City of Burlington’s 200,000 residents make up one of Ontario’s fastest growing communities. The Burlington Performing Arts Centre provides an excellent venue to showcase the world’s top talent and provides a gathering place for the community of Burlington and surrounding areas. The Centre also hosts conferences and community events. The Burlington Performing Arts Centre is located at the corner of Elgin and Locust streets in downtown Burlington.
Reporting directly to the Audiences Services Manager, the incumbent is responsible for delivering service excellence in all aspects of front of house operations and personnel management during performances and/or events, acting as a key liaison between the theatre and its audience. The Front of House Coordinator is responsible for monitoring, training and guiding front of house staff and volunteers and coordinating with box office and production team personnel. The Front of House Coordinator is also responsible to assist with artist hospitality as needed. The position manages cash deposits, inventory & financial reconciliation, emergency protocols and adherence to theatre policies and procedures.
The Burlington Performing Arts Centre is looking for a dynamic professional with an extensive background in the Arts and who demonstrates a high level of experience and understanding of all facets of theatre operations, with a demonstrated strength in Front of House management, some technical knowledge of the theatre and industry standards. Incumbent will have a thorough understanding of volunteer management, public relations and service oriented environments. Knowledge of special event planning is also an asset. Incumbent will be a creative thinker and a strong team player.
- The successful candidate will have a related diploma (Arts Management, Business Administration).
- Must have a minimum of two years of experience working in the following areas:
- Front of House and Concessions Management
- Staff/Volunteer Management (recruitment, training, supervision, recognition)
- Inventory and Financial Reconciliation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- An ability to work independently or as an effective team member
- Prior knowledge of bar setup and systems would be an asset
HOURS OF WORK:
This is part time employment up to 25 hr/wk. Hours are conditional upon The Centre’s programming schedule and are both weekly and seasonally variable. Evening, weekend and holiday work is required.
PLEASE SUBMIT covering letter and curriculum vitae as follows:
- Electronically: email@example.com
- Fax: 905-681-6002
- Mail: 440 Locust Street, Burlington, ON L7S 1T7
CLOSING DATE: Applications must be received by 5 pm – Monday August 4, 2014.
Only candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted.