Date Posted: Jul 28, 2014
Application Deadline: August 8th, 2014
Start Date: As soon as possible
Term: Full- time, salary
Theatre Passe Muraille is known for developing innovative and daring Canadian theatre, but we exist to support our communities. From encouraging independent and emerging artists, and multicultural work, to inspiring our staff and artists to work collaboratively, Theatre Passe Muraille works to ensure all voices are represented on our stage.
Typically Theatre Passe Muraille produces and/or presents 4-7 shows a year and hosts rental companies and festivals throughout the year. Theatre Passe Muraille operates 3 performance spaces — a Mainspace Theatre (185 seats), Backspace Theatre (55 seats), and a Cabaret/Bar space (capacity of 120 and home to TPM’s After Hours Events).
- Maintaining Box Office System, including inputting and updating performance and patron information
- Managing Patron Services Associates including Box Office, Front of House and Bartenders
- Scheduling Patron Services Staff
- Being on call to Patron services staff on alternate weekends
- Ensuring a smooth and efficient flow of patrons into the venues
- Responding to online, telephone and in-person inquires and ticket sales
- Volunteer Coordination
- Managing the TPM Bar: Ordering, inventory and financial reconciliation
- Maintaining and promoting the Arts Box Office
- Acting as a Patron services Associate (Box office, Bar or House Management) as needed
- Working box office 3 days per week, with an extra shift of Box Office or House Management
- Process, balancing and reconciling box office
- Liaising with rental companies in regards to staffing and performances
- Post-secondary degree preferred (arts management or Theatre an asset)
- Experience with a ticketing system (Ty Tix a plus, but not necessary)
- Minimum 1 year experience with Managing staff and/or volunteers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Good project management skills and/or experience in event coordination
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Experience with a non-for-profit company an asset
- French-speaking capacity an asset, not necessary
- Occasional Weeknights and weekend work is mandatory
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume with the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document by 5 PM on Friday August 8th to email@example.com.
Please use the subject line: “Application for Box Office & Bar Manager Position”.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Theatre Passe Muraille is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work.