Start Date: Mid-September
Application Deadline: Sunday August 24, 2014 5pm
Native Earth Performing Arts is a not-for-profit theatre organization dedicated to the creating, developing and producing of professional artistic expression of the Indigenous experience in Canada. Through stage productions (theatre, dance and multi-disciplinary), new script development, apprenticeships and internships, Native Earth seeks to fulfill a community of artistic visions.
Native Earth Performing Arts is seeking a Patron Services Representative for the Aki Studio Theatre, a 120 seat black box theatre located in Regent Park’s new cultural hub, the Daniels Spectrum. The Aki Studio is Native Earth’s performance space and is rented year-round primarily for theatre performances.
Reporting to the Patron Services & Marketing Manager, the Patron Services Representative’s duties include:
- Processing ticket orders placed by phone and in person using ticketing software Sumac.
- Providing exemplary customer service in ticket and front line communication to the general public regarding Native Earth Performing Arts, its programs, and Aki Studio rentals.
- Training and supervising volunteers in front-of-house duties, ensuring all ushers are providing superior customer service to patrons.
- Reconciling cash and POS machine sales at the end of shifts, as well as other end-of-day facility lock-up procedures.
- Representing Native Earth Performing Arts and rental companies in a professional manner.
- In case of emergency, responding to and assessing the situation, giving aid if appropriate, and obtaining necessary help if warranted under the established guidelines.
- Customer database management and other administrative duties, as necessary.
- Box office management duties as required in the absence of the Manager or Supervisor.
- Available to work evenings and weekends.
- Cash handling and reconciliation experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated commitment to exceptional customer service.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively problem solving customer service and technical issues.
- A passion for live theatre and the arts, especially Indigenous arts.
- A respect for First Nations contemporary traditions and sensitivity to the open mind required to work in a cross cultural environment.
- Previous box office/ticketing software experience is an asset.
- First Aid Certification is an asset.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resumé with the names and phone numbers of three references as one PDF or Word document to email@example.com by 5 PM on Sunday August 24th. Please include “Patron Services Representative” in the subject line.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential. Native Earth Performing Arts is an equal opportunity employer.