By Catherine Frid
Directed by Ginette Mohr
Performance dates: November 12 – 30, 2014
Part of Alumnae Theatre Company’s FireWorks Event
Burying Toni explores the internal life of Emma Jung, a psychoanalyst and Holy Grail scholar who was married to Carl Jung for 50 years. Three aspects of Emma grapple with her past complexities and current priorities at the time of the funeral of her husband’s long-time mistress.
- EMMA, a woman, 72. Plays multiple ages.
- ANIMUS, a woman, 30’s – 40’s, Emma’s masculine side, driven. Plays multiple characters.
- SHADOW, a woman, 20’s – 30’s Emma’s Shadow side, sprite-like, mischievous. Plays multiple characters.
- MONDAY, AUGUST 11 from 7:30-10:00 pm
- TUESDAY, AUGUST 12 from 7:30-10:00 pm
- CALLBACKS: SUNDAY, AUGUST 17 beginning at 10:00 am
Please prepare a 2 – 3 minute contemporary monologue. Looking for actors adept in physical theatre and playing multiple characters. Please bring photo and résumé to the audition.
If selected for a call-back, you will be asked to prepare sides from the play. A copy of the script is available at the Toronto Reference Library, 5th floor, Performance Desk, 789 Yonge Street.
TO BOOK AN AUDITION TIME
PLEASE EMAIL FWauditions@gmail.com and attach photo and résumé. Be sure to include the PLAY TITLE, ROLE and your PHONE NUMBER so we can contact you.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: SATURDAY, AUGUST 9
Auditions will be held at the Alumnae Theatre, 70 Berkeley Street (SW corner of Berkeley and Adelaide)
Alumnae Theatre is a non-union theatre that encourages diversity in its membership and casting.