Application Deadline: Aug 15, 2014
Start Date: Sep 02, 2014
Salary: Commensurate upon experience
City/Town: Toronto, Distillery District Area
The Artists’ Health Alliance is a one of a kind organization. We are about partnership between the artistic and medical community for healing, strengthening and empowering the creative community. We are accomplishing this through the work of the excellent clinicians at the Artists’ Health Centre, through the work of volunteer committees and the educational and outreach initiatives of the Alliance.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Administrative & Programming Assistant will work closely with the MD, Committees, Creative Director and the AHC Clinic Coordinator in support of various activities.
He/she will be responsible for assisting with the overall administrative duties within the organization and will act as the point of contact for workshop coordination and activity.
With strong organizational and excellent written/verbal communications skills, the ideal candidate will have a background in arts administration, fundraising, facilitation or community initiatives and/or public relations. Familiarity with Toronto’s arts community is essential.
Education and Outreach
- Coordinate workshop and events; scheduling, communication with facilitators, venues, partners and schools, manage registration and event preparation
- Research new workshop themes and facilitators, health and wellness programs, and issues related to the arts community. Work with the Managing Director and Programming Committee to develop and implement new programs
- With the support of staff and volunteers, maintain relationships with existing community partners
- Identify potential community partners and work with those partners to target AHA’s programs that are most relevant to their communities
- Establish and follow reporting procedures and keep updated records on all education and outreach activities
- Prepare subsidy applications for review by committee
- Communicate with subsidy applicants and recipients regarding status of application and remaining funds
- Track and maintain records of subsidy applicants in GiftWorks database
• Answer/Screen incoming calls
• Assist with tasks and responsibilities as required by the Managing Director in the administration of other AHA programs and services
• Some evening and weekend work is part of this position
• Coordination of community volunteers for art shows/events/festivals
- Identify opportunities for increased profile and promotion in new communities (geographical and cultural)
- Update website using WordPress software
- Administer e-newsletter content and distribution through Mailchimp
- Maintain newsletter mailing list
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 1 year office administration experience in a not-for-profit organization, with focus in the arts and culture sector
- University or college degree/diploma, ideally in performing arts administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of arts service organizations an asset
- Highly organized, proactive and attention to detail are essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Experience with Mailchimp, WordPress, GiftWorks, Canada Helps and payment systems software are preferred; experience using similar programs are also welcome
- Comfortable learning new software
- Days are flexible, and generally worked over a 3 day period (7.5 hour days)
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume (including salary expectations) as one PDF document to Dawn Green at email@example.com. Please indicate Assistant Application in the subject line.
We thank all those who apply, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
You can learn more about the Artists’ Health Alliance by visiting our website www.artistshealth.com