Auditions: Tuesday, August 19
Cast requirements: 1 MALE singer/actor
We are seeking a strong rock singer/actor to join our successful production of Hedwig and the Angry Inch, as the title character.
- Rehearsals begin the week of August 25
- Tech begins Monday September 7
- Show runs from September 11 – September 20, 2014
- Shows are Thursday, Friday, Saturday 8pm
HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH
John Cameron Mitchell, text; Stephen Trask, music & lyrics
Director: Alan Kinsella
Musical Director : Mike Ross
About The Role:
- HEDWIG: (MALE ACTOR, 20s-40s) German accent, strong rock tenor, transgender (male to female) with a blowout rock persona, sings with incredible power, emotionally and physically cut and bruised from a lifetime of destructive events – has grace and power with a veneer of aloofness. Seeking a charismatic performer with a strong, versatile, voice. Hedwig is an “internationally ignored song-stylist” and East German rock-n-roll goddess, who also happens to be the victim of a botched sex-change operation; tells her story through funny and tragic brutally honest songs and monologues. Must be able to front a band and command an audience, as well as perform the entire show in drag.
About The Show
In divided post-war Berlin, Hedwig was a boy named Hansel, who fell in love with an American G.I. and underwent a sex-change operation to marry him and flee to the West. Unfortunately, nothing worked out quite as planned – and now Hedwig is on a tour with her band, The Angry Inch, telling her story through song and biting monologue, all the while following her erstwhile lover Tommy Gnosis as he plays a local arena.
About the Audition
This show is a scripted rock concert, in the vein of David Bowie.
Auditions will consist of readings from the script, which will be emailed with your audition time.
Prepare a rock tune showing your vocal range. Please have your music in a binder and properly marked as an accompanist will be provided!
Please submit a headshot and resume by email to: email@example.com”