Start Date: 22 September, 2014
Term: Part-time (Avg 25 hrs/week)
Application Deadline: Friday September 12, 2014
Canada’s longest running professional theatre company is seeking an Indigenous Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant reports to the Managing Director. This position is funded by the Canada Council of the Arts, Aboriginal Office.
Native Earth Performing Arts is a not-for-profit theatre organization dedicated to creating, developing and producing professional artistic expression of the Indigenous experience in Canada. Native Earth operates the Aki Studio a 130-seat black box theatre. Native Earth is a close-knit office community that encourages involvement in all aspects of company work. This position is an excellent training ground for an administration or senior arts administration position.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist the MD in the day to day operations of the company including studio rentals, office and studio maintenance.
- Assist the MD in the maintenance of financial records, board communications and fundraising activities.
- Administration of accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Maintain and update database (Sumac) as well as generating statistical reports from the database.
- Provide information and referral concerning the company and the arts community upon request.
- Represent the company at public events.
- Under the direction of the Managing Director prepare Canadian Actors’ Equity Association production staff and performer contracts.
- Provide support to productions as may be requested from time to time including organizing artist travel and accommodations.
- Previous administration experience, preferably arts administration skills.
- The ability to learn new skills swiftly.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Applications from all qualified Indigenous candidates are welcome. Interested parties should apply with cover letter, CV and three professional references as one PDF or word document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Administrative Assistant in the subject line.
Applications must be received by 5:00 pm, Friday 12th September, 2014. We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly.