A WICKY WEDDING
Directed by Brian Bird
Performance dates: October (dates to be confirmed)
“Every family takes a bit of getting used to” – thinks Katelyn Peterson. That is, until she is introduced to her boyfriend Jack Wicky’s family for the first time. It is cousin Alison Wicky’s wedding, and Katelyn must meet her boyfriend Jack’s family members – from Jack’s snarky sister Sophie, his number-one-weather-man-on-the-planet cousin, Derek, a bickering aunt Bev and Ted, to beauty-queen cousin Claire. Throw in the freshly-fired ex-wedding singers Rachel and Jasmine, Claire’s new hunk of man, Pierre, and Derek’s Bronx-born weather assistant/TV star in training, Jenny, and you’ve got a mix for one family gathering you don’t want to miss!
Auditions to take place September 3 and 4.
Performances in October at the Toronto Centre for the Arts.
- Jack Wicky (mid-late 20s) – the ‘normal’ member of the Wicky family, hoping to get through the night with minimal drama from his eccentric family.
- Katelyn Peterson (mid-late 20s) – Jack’s fiancée. Smart, pretty, and charming.
- Sophia Wicky (mid-late 20s) – Jack’s sister. Always wears the most outrageous outfits, be it to a wedding or a funeral. Demands attention and is bitter about her brother’s fiancee. Strong comedic timing and eccentric personality.
- Derek Wicky (late 20s-early 30s) – the self-proclaimed number one weather broadcaster in the city. Strong and egotistical personality, strutting to steal the show and show off how popular he truly is. Strong comedic timing.
- Jenny Snow (mid-late 20s) – Derek’s new weather assistant. From the Bronx (accent required), Jenny is a ‘star’. Ditsy, silly, and over the top. REQUIRES SINGING. Strong comedic timing.
- Uncle Ted Wicky (40s) – the typical embarrassing uncle that every family has. Grumpy and simply wants to get through the wedding to eat.
- Aunt Bev Wicky (40s) – married to Uncle Ted. The nagging aunt who tries to keep her husband in check. Always proud of her popular son, Derek, Aunt Bev is quick, smart, and always the caring one.
- Rachel Thomas (mid-late 20s) – a friend of the family and a complete Diva. Strong, outgoing personality that wants to steal the show any chance she can get. Demands to perform at the wedding. REQUIRES SINGING.
- Jasmine Thomas (mid-late 20s) – Rachel’s sister. Constantly trying to restraint her sister. Smart, to the point (an accountant by day), and always one to try and calm her diva of a sister down. REQUIRES SINGING.
- Claire Wicky (early 20s) – Jack’s cousin. Beautiful and the nicest of the Wicky family. Late to the party, but makes a statement with her beauty and can’t wait to show off her new boyfriend to her father and mother (Ted/Bev).
- Pierre Igerne (early 20s) – Claire’s new boyfriend. Flamboyant in every way. Hailing from Montreal (French accent required), Pierre is as feminine as a man can get (can be played by either male or female). Believes in true love and is excited to meet the entire Wicky Family.
- WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 3, 6:00-10:00pm
- THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 6:00-10:00pm
- FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 6:00-10:00pm
Please specific which role(s) you are interested in auditioning for.
Please prepare a 2 minute comedic monologue. You will also be asked to perform a side from the play. Sides will also be emailed based on the character being auditioned for.
For roles requiring singing, please prepare a 1-2 minute song to be sung acapella at the audition.
Looking for actors with quick comedic timing.
TO BOOK AN AUDITION TIME:
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: SUNDAY, AUGUST 31, 2014
Auditions will be held at a location downtown Toronto to be confirmed in your audition confirmation.
This is a non-union, unpaid performance.