SUBMISSIONS CLOSE 10AM – Fri, Sept 5, 2014
Soulpepper Theatre Company will be holding auditions for potential future and/or touring productions of Kim’s Convenience by Ins Choi.
There are no production dates associated with these auditions at this time.
We encourage submissions from across the country.
We are looking for actors suitable for the following roles:
- Asian male, 25-35. For the part of JUNG. Recently became a father. Has a shady past. A tough guy. Proud. Selfish. Able to sing.
- Asian female, 45 and up. For the part of UMMA. The mother of 2 adult children. Faithful to her dwindling downtown Korean church. With her husband together, runs a convenience store in Regent Park (downtown Toronto). Lives in her memories. A martyr. Able to sing. Speaks with a Korean-Canadian accent. Some lines are in Korean.
- Asian female, 25-35. For the part of JANET. The younger cooler sister. A photographer. A contemporary, urban, woman. Single. Awkward, geeky, sexy. Fierce. Level-headed. A lead of the play.
- Asian male, 45- and up. For the part of APPA. The owner of a convenience store in Regent Park. The Patriarch of the family. A Hapkido master. His way or the highway. Very opinionated, proud. Awkward sense of humour. Rage. Lives with regret. The lead of the play. Speaks with a thick Korean-Canadian accent. Some lines are in Korean.
AUDITION DATES AND LOCATION
September 18 and 19, 2014 between 9:30am-11:30am at Citadel Theatre in Edmonton, Alberta.
Citadel Theatre is located at 9828 101A Avenue, Edmonton Alberta.
At this time, we are only holding auditions in Edmonton; however, submissions from across the country are welcomed. If selected for an audition, each Actor is responsible for his/her own travel arrangements.
Email submissions only to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include headshots and resumes as ATTACHMENTS
(DO NOT SEND LINKS TO OTHER SOURCES)
- PLEASE STATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE THE ROLE FOR WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE CONSIDERED.
Questions may be directed to:
We thank you for your submission however, only those selected for an audition will be contacted