Calling All Playwrights – Applications Now Open for the Toronto Fringe New Play Contest
Want to fast-track your play to success at the 2015 Toronto Fringe Festival? Apply to the Fringe New Play Contest (sponsored by Exclamation Foundation) and you could win a slot in the Fringe for free, plus tons of other perks that will help make your show a hit.
Apply to the New Play Contest starting September 11, 2014, and once lucky winner will receive the following:
- A free spot in the Toronto Fringe Festival, for the winning play (valued at $750)
- A cash prize of $1250 courtesy of Exclamation Foundation Inc.
- Production consultation courtesy of Marcello Cabezas from macIDeas
- A free full-page ad in the 2015 Fringe Program Guide (valued at $1,100)
- Second Place Winner will receive $200 and Third Place Winner will receive $100
- A Chance for Anyone to Shine!
The winning play is selected via a blind-jury process, wherein the name of the playwright is withheld during deliberation. This means that you are just as likely to win if you’re an unknown playwright or if you’re a household name. The jury is comprised of a panel of indie theatre actors, directors, writers and producers.
The New Play Contest has a history of skyrocketing emerging artists to success – in the past few years we’ve seen Ins Choi (Kim’s Convenience), Kat Sandler (Help Yourself), Peter Genoway (The Oak Room) and Alexander Offord (Potosi) claim the prize and go on to critical acclaim and sold-out houses. Join the ranks this year by applying to the New Play Contest!
Details on how to apply can be found here: http://fringetoronto.com/fringe-festival/new-play-contest/
Applications close October 24, 2014.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.