YPT is currently searching for a candidate to fill the full-time position of Associate Producer. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Associate Producer will work closely with the Directors of Production and Administration and will do some work with the Board of Directors.
Young People’s Theatre (YPT), now in its 49th season, is Canada’s largest theatre for young audiences and currently produces and presents an 7-8-play season with an audience of 60,000+. Housed at a renovated, historical venue in Toronto, YPT works on a 468-seat Mainstage and a 115-seat Studio stage. Its operating budget is approximately $3.7 million. The family-friendly employee culture at YPT (given that hours are primarily daytime) encourages ingenuity, team-work, and an atmosphere of learning. YPT’s artistic policy focuses on arts and education – in fact, learning is at the centre of everything we do.
- Negotiation of performing artist contracts.
- Negotiation of presentation agreements with a wide selection of TYA companies across Canada.
- Coordination and scheduling of grant applications and reporting, including gathering statistics from YPT departments.
- Coordination of all Board and Executive communication and activity, and acting as recording secretary at all Board and Executive Meetings.
- Maintenance of YPT’s master schedules.
- Coordination and communication of internal information to staff.
- Coordination of accommodation, travel, and welcome packages for visiting artists and YPT tours.
- Provision of assistance to Executive Director in relation to meetings and scheduling.
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior relevant experience in relation to contracting and grant applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent computer skills.
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
How to Apply
Interested parties should apply with cover letter and resumé, detailing all relevant experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org Applications must be received by September 19, 2014, 5pm. Interviews with qualified candidates may begin prior to that deadline.
In accordance with YPT’s policy of screening all adults involved in working with children, the successful applicant will be required to complete a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening Check. Young People’s Theatre is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and strongly supports and values diversity in the workplace. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome and individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply. While we thank everyone who applies, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.