30 People Watching, presented by The Subtle Vigilance Collective is a devised, multidisciplinary response to the murder of South Asian teen, Reena Virk in November 1997. This is a 3 person ensemble piece directed by Mark Cassidy, with creators/performers nisha ahuja and Amelia Sargisson.
We are currently seeking one male performer/creator of Indigenous descent to join our ensemble.
- playing age 25 – 35 years old
- have experience and training in theatre, movement and collective creation
- a CAEA member or non union
- be available for part time rehearsals in Toronto from September 24 – October 24, 2014
- be available for performances at the Aki Studio (Toronto, ON), October 25 – November 9, 2014, Tuesday – Sunday at 8pm
- be available for Audition Date: September 22, 2014
- First Rehearsal: September 24, 2014
We will be working under the CAEA Artist Collective Agreement. There is a fee for every artist working on this production, in addition to box office share.
If you are interested in auditioning, please send your headshot and resume with a brief note to:
Sedina Fiati (Producer) firstname.lastname@example.org by September 18, 2014.
Please note the audition format will include movement and play with current collective members. See www.subtlevigilance.com for more info on the production.