Do you need financial support for professional development or a “change of direction” in your career? The next deadline to apply for our Professional Theatre Training Program (PTTP) is October 1.
The Professional Theatre Training Program offers financial support for unique and flexible training with a chosen mentor in any theatrical discipline (except performance.) Applicants must have at least two years of professional experience following their formal education.
This program is funded by the Ontario Arts Council, an agency of the Government of Ontario.
The application deadlines for this program: October 1.
Applications will be accepted from professionals who wish professional development within their own discipline or a “change of direction” within their careers (examples: an actor wants to become a publicist; a stage manager wants to become a producer; a technician wants to become a designer.)
Persons whose professional experience lies outside the theatre, but whose skills are readily transferable to the theatre, may also apply.
The program does not fund tuition fees or institutional training.
- Should have proven ability and a demonstrated commitment to a career in the theatre;
- Must have at least two (2) years of professional experience following their formal education;
- Must be current residents of Ontario, must have resided in the province for at least one year prior to the time of application, and should intend to pursue their careers primarily in this province;
- Must be Canadian citizens or have landed immigrant status;
- Must be individual members of Theatre Ontario.