If you’ve got a story to tell, we want to hear it
Enter the Toronto Fringe lottery and next July you could be producing a show in Toronto’s biggest theatre festival, happening July 1 – 12, 2015.
The Toronto Fringe is a member of the Canadian Association of Fringe® Festivals (CAFF), and thus our summer festival operates under the three guiding principles of CAFF:
- Participants are selected on a non-juried basis, through a lottery or first-come/first-served
- 100% of the ticket revenue is returned to the artist
- We never interfere with the artistic content of any show
Why apply for the 2015 Fringe?
It’s a low financial risk: with a reasonable participation fee of $750 we will cover many of your producing costs like your venue and technicians. Self-producing an indie show outside the Fringe can cost up to $10,000 – $30,000, but many Fringe shows successfully execute a budget in the $2,000-$3,000 range.
It’s a community: it’s the best place in the city to connect with other like-minded artists and arts lovers. We will plan parties and events for you to help you connect with the people you want to meet.
It’s a platform: you get to use our stages to take artistic risks, push boundaries and experiment. Want to stare at the audience for an hour!? We don’t care! This is your chance to tell your story, your way. And we will not interfere.
When to apply for Fringe?
Applications are open now! Click here to apply.
Applications close: November 3, 2014
Other Fringe Programs:
- Are you an artist from outside of Ontario? Read about our National Program here.
- Are you are artist from outside of Canada? Read about our International Program here.
- Do you self-identify as a Culturally Diverse Artist? Read about our CDAP Program here.
- Interested in Site Specific Art? Read about our Site Specific category here.
Contact email@example.com with questions. Good luck!