A step by step workshop with Slade Lander on incorporation and becoming a charity as well as the benefits, drawbacks and responsibilities of both. This session covers a variety of topics including:
- What is a corporation/charity?
- Should I incorporate?
- Differences between for profit, not-for-profit and charities
- Steps to incorporation and applying for charitable status
- How does incorporation change the way business is done?
- What is a Board of Directors and how do I get one?
- Overview of fundraising issues
TAPA Members: $22.60 includes HST
Non-Members: $56.50 includes HST
Date: Thursday September 25, 2014
Location: TAPA Board Room, 401 Richmond Street West, Suite 350
Deadline to register for this session is Monday September 22, 2014
Please RSVP to Alexis Da Silva-Powell, Corporate Partnerships and Membership Manager at alexisdsp[at]tapa.ca
About your Instructor
Slade Lander is the Arts Manager for Public Recordings Project and has been in that position since 2007.
Mr. Lander was an Arts Manager at Dance Umbrella of Ontario from June, 2006 to April, 2012. He worked with between seven and ten clients at a time, performing strategic planning and grant application preparation.
The TAPA Trade Series features ongoing professional development sessions and networking opportunities encompassing a broad range of topics that have been created specifically for TAPA members.