by Sharon Pollack
Directed by Barbara Larose
Performance dates: January 23 – February 7, 2015
In this Governor General’s Award-winning play, Sharon Pollock’s takes us on a psychological journey, bringing the past to life in a search for a possible answer, a possible motive for murder. The only suspect, the real Lizzie Borden, was acquitted of murdering her father and stepmother with an axe, in 1892. But in Blood Relations, set 10 years later, the chilling question still repeats, “Did you, Lizzie?” “ Lizzie, did you?”
THE ROLES – Role: Age Range Description
- Miss Lizzie 30 – 45 Lizzie Borden, 10 years after acquittal; also plays the Irish maid, Bridget
- Actress 30 – 45 Glamourous paramour of Miss Lizzie; also plays Lizzie Borden
- Emma 40 – 50 Lizzie’s older sister
- Abigail Borden 50’s – 60’s Lizzie’s stepmother
- Harry 50’s Mrs. Borden’s brother
- Andrew Borden 60’s – 70’s Lizzie’s father
- Dr. Patrick/Defense 30’s – 40’s the Irish doctor; also plays Defense Counsel at Lizzie’s trial
- Evenings of Wednesday, October 8 and Thursday, October 9, 2014
- Saturday, October 11, 2014 from 10 am – 5 pm
Callbacks to be held the following week – October15/16
Please prepare a short (2-3 min.) contemporary monologue. You may also be asked to read from the script, so it is highly recommended that you are familiar with the play.
Reading copies are available at the Toronto Reference Library, 5th floor — Performing Arts desk.
TO SUBMIT FOR AN AUDITION
E-mail with headshot and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 416-364-4170 ext 3.
Be sure to include your phone number so we can contact you! Please specify if you are an Alumnae Theatre Member.
Auditions will be held at the Alumnae Theatre, 70 Berkeley Street, Toronto, ON
(SW corner of Berkeley and Adelaide)
Alumnae Theatre Company is a non professional company that encourages diversity in its membership and casting.