Job Ref. # 14F13-ET
Number of vacancies: 1
Harbourfront Centre is a Canadian charity operating the 10 prime acres of Toronto’s central waterfront as a free and open public site. We celebrate the multiplicities of cultures that comprise Canada and enliven the city through the creative imaginations of artists from across the country and around the globe. Harbourfront Centre attracts more than 17 million visits to its site each year to experience 4,000 diverse public events and activities.
Currently an employment opportunity exists in our Integrated Communications Department for a full time Video Producer & Social media Specialist. Reporting to the Head of Integrated Media, this position will be responsible for the filming and production of promotional videos and execution of all social media strategies for Harbourfront Centre and its programmes to enable further interaction and engagement with our diverse audiences.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Act as editor of all social media content, mixing self-created content, contributed content and borrowed content to achieve consistent tone of voice and regular entries within various social medial vehicles including the Harbourfront Centre Blog, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram while following Harbourfront Centre social media guidelines.
- Produce various promotional video materials for Harbourfront Centre including live action and motion graphics items.
- Manage all phases of a video production project from research, conceptual development, storyboarding, shooting, post-production and editing to publishing.
- Keep an organized inventory of raw and edited footage for archiving purposes.
- Monitor different platforms regularly and interact with audiences on a daily basis. Analyze followers’ engagement and provide regular user activity report to measure impact of social media on the company’s overall marketing efforts and recommend ways to further increase audience engagement.
- Keep current by analyzing changing opportunities and trends in social media, help educate and inform all staff in current web trends.
- Develop, execute and assist with social media strategies for various Harbourfront Centre programmes and services to ensure effective communication with our audiences through different online platforms.
- Photograph Harbourfront Centre events and services for marketing and archiving purposes.
- Manage and organize the organization’s photography archives housed on Flickr.
- Regularly manage and update Harbourfront Centre events and services promotional material on a number of digital displays across the physical site and venues.
The ideal candidate will have a post secondary education in marketing, film/photography, interactive media or web design with a minimum of 3 years related work experience in production. The incumbent must have excellent communications and writing skills, ability to think in terms of messages and audiences, and strong working knowledge of web/social media trends and best practices. He/she must be highly organized with project management skills, detail oriented, able to multi-task and prioritize work to meet deadlines. He/she must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills. He/she must have a good understanding of effective website design, online marketing principles and techniques, including SEO. He/she will have experience in online video producing and editing and knowledge of HTML, CSS, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro and After Effects. Applicants must provide relevant work examples, such as videos, photos, social media profiles and writing samples with resume.