Driftwood Theatre Group is seeking a motivated and experienced professional to immediately fill the position of General Manager.
Founded in 1995 with a mandate to present engaging, professional theatre that is barrier-free, Driftwood Theatre is an award-winning, thriving, provincial organization with a focus in three key areas of production: The Bard’s Bus Tour (annual pay-what-you-can summer tour to 25+ Ontario communities), New Play Development (Trafalgar 24 festival and Beyond the Castle programs), Education and Outreach (Creative Roots Theatre Training Intensive, Shakespearience Festival).
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the General Manager provides administrative leadership for the Theatre and works in close collaboration with the Artistic Director to achieve the strategic goals of the Theatre. The General Manager is responsible for the direction of the financial, administrative, promotional and audience development of the Theatre. The General Manager ensures the smooth
and efficient operation of the Theatre and provides professional support to the Board of Directors.
- Oversee daily administration of the theatre
- Work with board and Artistic Director to prepare, execute and monitor annual budgets
- Participate in long term strategic and operating planning and review
- Work with the board and Artistic Director to secure adequate funding at all levels
- With the Artistic Director, develop and execute communications and marketing plans
- Build relationships and networks with local, provincial and national communities
- Negotiate and administer all contracts
- Coordinate and provide leadership for staff
- Support the work of the Board of Directors
- With the Artistic Director, coordinate and support productions, tours and outreach activities
Knowledge and Skills Required
- High degree of motivation and professionalism
- Experience in and understanding of performing arts organizations, including at least 3 years of professional theatre management
- Ability to communicate and work productively with artists and theatrical staff
- Ability to build positive relationships with a variety of organizational stakeholders
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions
- Strong communication, speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to attract other volunteers to work in support of the company
- Essential computer skills – Word, Excel, Publisher, and the ability to learn new computer programs (box office apps, accounting software, databases, cloud-based technology)
This is a combination full/part-time, seasonal position with some flexibility in the schedule and location of work; however the General Manager will maintain a consistent schedule during peak-season (June-November). Salary is commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should submit a resume by October 10, 2014 to: D. Jeremy Smith, Artistic Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. Only email applications will be accepted. No phone calls please.