Harbourfront Centre is a Canadian charity operating the 10 prime acres of Toronto’s central waterfront as a free and open public site. We celebrate the multiplicities of cultures that comprise Canada and enliven the city through the creative imaginations of artists from across the country and around the globe. Harbourfront Centre attracts more than 17 million visits to its site each year to experience 4,000 diverse public events and activities.
Currently an employment opportunity exists in our Integrated Communications department for a full-time Writer.
Reporting to the Director of Integrated Communications, this position is responsible for the development and implementation of the Harbourfront Centre voice. Specifically it entails conceiving, developing, and producing, effective advertising campaigns, creating body copy, slogans and catch phrases utilizing all the integrated communication vehicles in delivering the message. Ensuring content accuracy, grammatical correctness and message cohesion in print, broadcast and digital media platforms is also of importance.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with the Integrated Communications team in developing creative content, tone, voice and messaging for all integrated communications vehicles as outlined in the communications plan and strategy.
- Writing clear, persuasive and original copy, proof reading, editing copy for spelling and grammar for all of Harbourfront Centre’s marketing communication materials.
- Working with programme team Leads, Directors and other stakeholders to research and gather content and rewriting and adapting materials following their feedback
- Working with client briefs, to conceive, develop and produce effective advertising campaigns, creating body copy, slogans and catch phrases for all communication materials in both print and digital media platforms
- Analyzing metrics to understanding product, target audiences, demographics and competitors activities
- Conducting research as well as interviews face to face, by phone and/or by email and gathering photos and artist
- Staying current with culture and trends specific to genres such as music, visual arts, theatre, dance, film, food and family programming.
The ideal candidate will have a post secondary education in marketing, communication or journalism with a minimum of 5 years direct working experience writing copy in the arts of related fields, of advertising/marketing agency. The incumbent must be a creative thinker with the ability to come up with unusual and clever concepts that are specific to the creative objectives outlined in briefs. He/she must possess outstanding oral and written skill that clearly
communicate information and ideas and must have a strong eye for detail and accuracy. Excellent computer skills with thorough knowledge of website and new media marketing on both MAC and PC platforms are required. He/she must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills to deal tactfully and diplomatically with a wide variety of people. The
successful candidate must also possess strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, executing several major projects simultaneously, and working under tight deadlines and pressure. He/she must be flexible and able to work some evenings and weekends as required. Experience in the not-for-profit culture sector would be considered an asset.
Qualified applicants must apply by October 21, 2014
Please send your resume Quoting Job Ref. # 14F14-TAPA to:
Human Resources, 235 Queens Quay West
Toronto, ON M5J 2G8
Fax (416) 973-1003
Harbourfront Centre is committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourages qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply.