Position: Artistic Director
Position Type: Part-time, contract
Start Date: January 2, 2015
Duration: 8 month, with possibility of extension
Hours: Minimum of 10 – 15 hours per week on a flexible schedule, with the potential to increase to 30 hours per week, pending position funding
Application Deadline: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 at 11:59 p.m.
Send submissions to: Artistic Director Search Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information: www.theamyproject.com
The Artists Mentoring Youth Project (The AMY Project) is currently seeking a new Artistic Director to lead the organization into its next phase of achievement, and invites applications from passionate and dedicated artistic leaders with experience in arts education and/or community arts. This is a part-time position working 10-15 hours per week, for 8 months, with the possibility of extension and expansion pending funding success. The work schedule will vary and will include evenings and weekends.
Now in its 10th year, The AMY Project is a free arts education program offered to young women between 14 and 26 years of age from across the Greater Toronto Area. The AMY Project builds the leadership, confidence, and unique voice of young women in Toronto by providing them with performance training, connections to artistic mentors, experience working in a professional theatre, and support towards the early growth of their careers. The program operates on four Core Values: Inclusivity, Artistic Excellence, Mentorship, and Building Community. The AMY Project presently operates four programs: The AMY Spring Creation Program, AMY Summer Performance Program, AMY Leadership Program, and the AMY HER-rizin’ Bursary. For more information visit www.theamyproject.com
Key projects for the year ahead include the Spring Creation Program (January 13 – May 31, 2015) and The Summer Performance Program (June 1 – August 31, 2015). All project dates are subject to change and contingent on funding.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, and working in partnership with the General Manager, the Artistic Director:
- Articulates and realizes an artistic vision in reflection of the company’s mandate, mission, and values
- Leads and manages all elements of programming, from design through to production, evolving the successful AMY program models. This includes confirming project partners, scheduling, and hiring program facilitators, mentors and other program staff
- Contributes to the outreach strategy and oversees participant selection
- Nurtures industry partnerships and works closely with professional theatre partners and project hosts
- Researches and pursues public and private funding opportunities
- Represents The AMY Project at meetings and events
- Other duties as assigned
- A love for theatre, dance, music and other performing arts coupled with a passion for empowering the lives of young women
- Professional experience in the performing arts, with directorial and producing experience a
- The proven ability to successfully vision and develop arts-based programming for youth; arts education, community arts and/or teaching experience is essential
- Demonstrated sensitivity to the needs and challenges facing young women who could most
benefit from participation in the project
- Strong connections to a network of professional artists/educators who are suitable project
- Superb attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Excellent analytical skills and good judgment with ability to trouble-shoot and solve problems
- The ability to guide and inspire artists, youth, production and staff; and collaborate with a Board of Directors to lead the organization towards future success.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: by 11:59 pm on November 12, 2014.
Compensation rate is negotiable, commensurate with experience.
TO APPLY: Please respond with:
- A cover letter outlining the qualifications and experience you would bring to the position
- Your hourly wage expectations
- A resume
- Please note: Submissions must include all requirements listed above, including your
compensation expectations. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Please send applications via email to: email@example.com with the subject line ARTISTIC DIRECTOR APPLICATION by 11:59 pm on November 12, 2014.
All applications will receive an email receipt within 24 hours. No phone calls please. Shortlisted candidates will be required to prepare and present their vision for The AMY Project in the second phase of the process.