Fraser Studios is looking for Independent Theatre Companies to co-produce their original work in our Studio Theatre.
In 2015, Fraser Studios will be launching it’s first ever Studio Theatre Season. We are seeking submissions from established independent theatre companies who are interested in an opportunity to develop an original show in an exciting new venue.
The goal of the Studio Theatre Season is to give participating companies the opportunity to create new work, grow and gain media exposure by easing financial pressures and providing support to help companies reach new audiences. We are open to submissions from all styles of theatre, multi-media and dance.
We Will Provide:
- Free use of the Studio Theatre and adjoining studio for all tech/dress rehearsals and 4 consecutive weeks of performances (a one month theatre rental). This includes use of the lobby during show times for Front of House and concessions.
- A percentage of all profits earned from ticket sales.
- Access to a special low rate for rehearsal space.
- Marketing and publicity support.
Cover letter outlining:
- Company mandate/mission statement, vision and goals.
- The history of the company.
- Overview of past productions.
- Projected 2015 season.
- An explanation of why this opportunity interests you and how it will benefit your company.
- Marketing material from a recent production (i.e. poster image, videos, etc.).
- Bios and titles for all Company Members.
- Contact information for company representative.
- A single paragraph pitch for an original work that you would like to stage in the Fraser Studios Theatre. Shows of all genres will be considered.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form.
All applicants are invited to attend an Open House on Friday, October 31st 11am – 6pm to view the theatre at Fraser Studios and meet with studio staff to ask questions.
Successful applicants will be invited to meet with studio owner Jason Fraser and deliver a pitch for their show in the Fraser Studios Theatre.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: November 7th, 2014