Port Moresby Productions is now accepting submissions for the March 2015 production of two one-act plays
- FAIL-SAFE By Michael Stittle
- WE SAY SUCH TERRIBLE THINGS By Bil Antoniou
Fail-Safe tells the tale of scientists looking to salvage what is left of humanity after a mysterious virus has taken out the majority of the human race.
We Say Such Terrible Things is a comedy about a dinner party of five men, some friends, some strangers, who have nothing nice to say about each other or anyone else they know.
Auditions will be held November 16, 12-4pm.
Rehearsals begin mid-to-late December and will take place on two weekday evenings and one afternoon on weekends.
The run of the show is March 4-14, 2015.
The production will be non-union and profit share.
To request an audition, please email your headshot and resume and role preference(s) to email@example.com. Feel free to submit for both plays, they will be performed together each night.
Only those contacted for an audition will be seen.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- ELIZABETH BENSON – Female, 40s. Technology company CEO, Determined to keep control as the world ends.
- TATE – Male, late 40s-50s. Founder of the technology company, brilliant and possibly insane.
- COMPUTER ENGINEER / GHOST OF MARISSA – Female, early to mid-30s. Company employee, later the ghost of Tate’s wife.
- SMITH – Male, mid-20s to early 30s, Computer engineer struggling with the end of the world.
- JONES – Male, 30s. Computer engineer also struggling with the end of the world
- ADAM – Mid-30s, Male. He and his boyfriend Chris are hosting the dinner party. Short fuse, always looking to get ahead.
- BENJAMIN – Mid-30s, male. Sarcastic and potty-mouthed, rarely cares about making people uncomfortable in social situations, and does not have a boyfriend.
- DONALD – Mid to late 40s, male. The kind of university professor who dates a student and says it’s because they connect. Makes sure to stay in great shape and dress young.
- ELLIOTT – Early 20s, male. Effortlessly perfect in appearance and pleasant, thinks he is dating his professor because he admires him.
- We will send you sides of your preferred role(s), they do not have to be memorized.
- You may prepare a monologue if you like but it is not required.
- You may be asked to do cold readings for roles other than what you specified, sides will be provided.
Send your headshot and resume and role preference to firstname.lastname@example.org