Now in its 27th year, Weesageechak Begins to Dance celebrates the new work of emerging and established Indigenous artists from across Canada and around the world. The eleven-day festival includes live theatre, dance performances, and staged readings from Indigenous artists such as Gloria Miguel, Jani Lauzon, and Drew Hayden Taylor. We are seeking a small team of volunteers to help us with this year’s festival, from Wednesday November 12th to Saturday, November 22nd. Volunteers will get the opportunity to immerse themselves in the festival, seeing shows and attending special events.
We need enthusiastic, reliable volunteers who can help us put on our festival! Volunteer duties include:
- Attending a brief training session
- Ripping tickets/giving out programs
- Helping to set up for events and performances
- Attending to patrons’ needs as they arise.
- Reporting to the Front of House Manager
- Acting as a representative of the festival
- Volunteers will receive free tickets to shows, invites to special events and documentation of volunteer hours.
If you’re interested in joining our team, contact Kat at firstname.lastname@example.org
Festival Dates: Wednesday November 12th to Saturday, November 22nd