Please take a look at our last set of workshops before the holidays!
Launching Your Career
(formerly known as Getting Started for Actors)
Monday November 24th
3 pm to 5 pm
Answers to your FAQ’s about the business of acting!
This workshop is for actors beginning their professional careers. In this two-hour workshop, Erin Keating and her guest, answer the most frequently asked questions about the business of acting.
Find out about:
- The realities of showbiz—by the numbers
- Becoming an actor—Maintaining & improving your acting skills; Training vs. Coaching
- Auditions and Casting—Photos & résumés; Audition pieces; Agents & Casting Directors
- Affiliations and Resources—Theatre & Film: Equity, ACTRA & Non-Union; Directories, Publications, Online sources
- Managing your career—Planning, expenses & taxes
Artist as Entrepreneur—The Boot Camp
Saturday November 15th
10 am to 5pm
Learn the necessary skills to produce creative works, in a one day session!
- 10am – Business Basics: Planning for Artists with Diane Davy
- 11:30am – Promoting Theatre on Social Media with Seb Fox Allen
- 2pm – Crowdfunding Essentials with Nancy Kenny
- 3:30pm – A Grant Application Mock Jury! With Pat Bradley
Unleashing Your Inner Entrepreneur
Monday December 3rd
5 pm to 7 pm
Thinking of producing a show or starting a theatre company?
If you want to do a show but have never produced professionally before, and if you want to know what questions to ask first, this session is for you! This is a practical seminar facilitated by Erin Keating, Program Coordinator and a special guest.
This workshop is designed for individuals thinking of producing a show or starting a theatre company, and gives you the opportunity to:
- Ask questions and try out ideas,
- Discover the questions you need to ask and answer,
- Learn to organize your thinking and planning,
- Work on scheduling and budget considerations,
- And find out about available resources and service
To register please visit our website: www.theatreontario.org/training/courses-and-workshops.aspx