Date: Friday, December 12, 2014
Time: 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Location: Artists’ Health Centre (Toronto Western Hospital, 399 Bathurst St.)
Early Bird Registration: $20.00 (until November 28, 2014)
Regular Registration: $25.00
Your hands are part of the system that allows you to do what you love to do. Help keep your hands and your head happy and healthy with this workshop from the Artists’ Health Alliance and the Artists’ Health Centre.
Learn about the movements involved in creating your art, their impact on you and how your body and brain work together. You’ll participate in exercises that will allow your body and brain to improve your posture and movement, boosting your motor skills and giving your brain a tuneup.
- Become aware of the capacity your brain has to learn and organize
- Get insight into how new skills and abilities are integrated into your life
- Explore the elements of healthy daily creative practices
- Learn how to harmonize your body and your brain to work in sync
- Find out how healthy hands are key & what you can do to keep them that way
Facilitator: Dr. Joaquin Farias, Ph.D., M.S., M.A.
Dr. Farias is a biomechanist, musician, shiatsu practitioner and much more. Dr. Farias is a researcher in the field of neuroplasticity, uncovering and publishing new information which has led to his being able to develop new training procedures which boost the learning experience in musicians, artists, dancers and athletes. He believes that rehabilitation experiences are not reproducible because each person is unique and different and that life doesn’t repeat itself.