CAST MEMBERS, DIRECTOR and MUSICAL DIRECTOR
The Beaver Den is an original Canadian musical comedy with music and lyrics by Taylor Abrahamse and a book by Jennifer and Jaclyn Enchin. The Beaver Den has been previously produced by companies such as the “Lower Ossington Theatre” in Toronto and “Kordazone Theatre” in Windsor. Last year, the Beaver Den had the honour of travelling to the Winnipeg Fringe Festival as well as making the Toronto Fringe’s Best New Play top ten list.
Music and Lyrics: Taylor Abrahamse
Book: Jennifer and Jaclyn Enchin
Dramaturgy: Justen Bennett
- February 24th – March 1st 2015 at The Storefront Theatre
- Friday November, 21 – 6pm-11pm
- Sunday November, 23 – 6pm-10pm
- Monday November, 24 – 6pm – 9pm
*If unable to attend either audition dates, video submissions are acceptable. Please let us know and you will be sent specific instructions.*
- ONE musical theatre song of your choice (suggestions will be sent to you based on the character you are auditioning for)
- A reading of sides from the show (Sides will be emailed to you)
- ONE comedic monologue (1-2 minutes)
**Auditioning for a specific role is optional**
- Tom: Male, early-mid twenties. Determined, hardworking, dreamer, hero, wants to become a famous actor.
- Patty: Female, early-mid twenties. Responsible, diplomatic, idealistic, tomboy-ish, second in command at The Beaver Den.
- Derek: Male, early-mid twenties. Happy go-lucky, excitable, optimistic, flamboyant, innocent, best friend is a beaver puppet which lives on his hand.
- Simon: Male, Ethnic, early twenties. Know-it-all, sarcastic, obsessed with being cool
- Phoebe: Female, Ethnic, early twenties. Sassy, loud, obsessed with being cool
- Paul + additional roles: Male, 55-60 years old (Can be played by any age). Aloof, wise, sports fan, Fred Penner-esque, first in command at The Beaver Den, gentle.
- Jeremy + additional roles: Male, young child (Can be played by any age). Spritely, innocent, The Beaver Den’s number one fan.
TO BOOK AN AUDITION/INTERVIEW
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org your resume, headshot and your preferred audition date and time and the role you are auditioning for (if applicable). Please let us know if you are planning on doing a video submission and we will give you more information on how to proceed.
If you are interested in the DIRECTOR/MUSICAL DIRECTOR position email your resume or include a short description of your experience in the body of the email.
This production is NON-UNION, PROFIT-SHARE.
For more information about the production, feel free to visit our facebook page: