The Royal Conservatory is one of the largest and most respected music education institutions in the world, providing the definitive standard of excellence in curriculum design, assessment, performance training, teacher certification and arts-based social programs.
Reporting to the VP, Strategic Initiatives, the Manager of the RCM Teacher Certification Program will be responsible for launching and building the RCM’s new Teacher Certification Program including day-to-day administration and operations, online course management, cultivation of the student community (comprised of music teachers), recruitment, and business development.
Key responsibilities include:
Program Management and Operations:
Responsible for all administrative and operational aspects of the Teacher Certification Program including:
- Application/intake Process: manage candidate assessment and academic equivalency validation processes.
- Online Course Experience: monitor enrollment; deal with student queries; monitor, optimize, and refresh the online experience in collaboration with RCM Digital Learning team.
- Tracking and Record-keeping: work with IT to maintain candidate records and track candidates’ progress; confirm certification; manage certificate and pinissuing process, track renewals.
- Markers and Moderators: coordinate and manage the process of training a team of online markers and moderators; monitor performance to ensure deadlines are met and students receive timely feedback; refine online marking rubrics and keys in collaboration with RCM Digital Learning team and RCM Academic.
- Program Evaluation and Development: execution and analysis of student surveys; coordination of curriculum review and continuous improvement to nsure online course is meeting student expectations; manage the development of future online teacher certification courses in collaboration with RCM Academic and Digital Learning teams to extend the depth and breadth of the Program in alignment with organizational priorities.
- Financial Management – Develop, recommend, and implement operating plans and budgets for Teacher Certification Program going forward; set and meet targets for student enrollment; manage operations to meet or exceed contribution objectives.
- Business Development, Sales, and Enrollee Recruitment: responsible for building the Teacher Certification business through partnership-building, recruitment initiatives, sales incentives, and profile-raising events; collaborate with Marketing and RCM Academic to promote program and drive enrollment.
- Management of Teacher Network: general communication; community building through Teacher Portal (in conjunction with Marketing); professional development events; renewals; work with IT to ensure Teacher Directory is up to date with certification information.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of experience and a track record of success in a management or senior-level role at a music/arts or related organization.
- Related training or experience in Education and/or Music Education; experience in Private Lesson instruction an asset.
- Related experience in online course delivery and discussion forum moderation a definite asset.
- An understanding of the standards and content associated with The Royal Conservatory system of music education.
- Demonstrated strength in project management including the ability to execute with great
accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Well-honed interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving, deadline-
- Sound judgment, tact, diplomacy, integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Experience with Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- A strong sense of personal initiative, attention to detail, a commitment to excellence, and the motivation to exceed expectations.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter along with a current résumé by Friday, December 5th at 5 p.m.; however, please note that this position may be filled prior to the deadline if a suitable candidate has been identified. Applications should be sent to:
The Royal Conservatory
273 Bloor Street West
Toronto, ON M5S 1W2
Fax: (416) 408-3096
The RCM thanks all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.