Have an inner flair for the dramatic? Ever wanted to perform Shakespeare on stage? Here’s your opportunity! We are calling on all professionals with the desire to make a difference in the lives of at-risk youth!
Toronto, take a break and play! Step out of your Winter routine and into the spotlight this Spring, and join the cast of Shakespeare in Action’s 4th annual Shakespeare Challenge!
About the Challenge:
For the past three years, community members from the corporate sector fearlessly took to the stage in productions of William Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream, The Tempest, and Twelfth Night to raise funds for Shakespeare In Action’s youth-at-risk program. Their generosity has helped to foster literacy, enhance creativity and promote speech arts for youth at risk in Toronto’s priority neighborhoods.
Shakespeare Challenge 2015
This year, we are looking for a group of courageous community members to volunteer their time to rehearse and perform an abridged version of one of Shakespeare’s most beloved tales of mistaken identity, The Comedy of Errors at the Historic Arts and Letters Club of Toronto.
Requirements for Shakespeare Challenge participants:
- 8 rehearsals, a small amount time. Tuesday’s only from 6:30pm – 9:30pm, January 20th – March 25th.
- 8 tickets, sold for $75 each to friends, family members, and colleagues to the final show.
- Be professionally coached and directed by our renowned Artistic Director, Michael Kelly
- Socialize & meet new friends that help to create an exciting community event that supports youth.
- Ensure youth from priority neighbourhoods get access to professional theatre arts programming.
- Make a commitment to have fun, exercise your inner actor and enjoy the magic of Shakespeare.
- Upon registration, each champion will make a tax deductible deposit of $100.00, and
will commit to attending scheduled rehearsals, selling a minimum of 8 tickets to the final performance on March 25, 2015.
To register, click here!
The deadline to register is December 19, 2014.
Participants must be at least 18 years old.
For more information, please visit our website, e-mail email@example.com, or call (416) 703-4881