Mixed Company Theatre produces innovative, socially relevant drama as a tool for positive change, in an engaging and entertaining way. For the last 31 years we have been committed to community engaged theatre, both in creation and in presentation. Mixed Company Theatre (MCT) develops workshops and presents original Forum Theatre focusing on educational and community issues. A globally recognized Centre of Forum Theatre since 1992, MCT today partners with schools, workplaces and community organizations across Canada and around the world.
The Evaluation Consultant reports to the Artistic Director in collaboration with the Project Manager. The consultant will engage and collaborate with MCT and partnering organizations to implement the 3 year Inter-Generational program evaluation. The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Create, coordinate and implement the Inter-Generational project evaluation plan – developing and reviewing operation and procedures of evaluation protocols, ethics review, etc.
- Coordinate the evaluation data collection, and fieldwork
- Coordinate the work linked to MCT’s Inter-Generational data processing (producing qualitative and quantitative data) and evaluation reporting.
- Train MCT’s Staff on how to create and implement an evaluation plan for future programs.
- University Degree in related field, supplemented by a minimum of 2 years of Community
Development, and Community Arts or equivalent is required.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of experience working with diverse communities – youth and /or older
adults (Inter-Generational experience is an asset).
- Demonstrated experience with project/program management and program planning,
implementation, monitoring of a comprehensive evaluation. Preference will be given to a
resourceful candidate with experience in community development.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate evaluation sessions with project participants
- Experience in data collection in artistic environments with youth and older adults – creating an accessible and catered evaluation for project participants.
- Superior communication, organizational and coordination skills: demonstrated ability to
communicate effectively (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- The ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Resourceful, creative, adaptive, and flexible.
- Working knowledge of computer tools and photography is required. An ability to showcase the quantitative and qualitative evaluation data in various formats – graphs, percentages, pie charts, stories, infographs, images, testimonies etc.
HOW TO APPLY
Mixed Company Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and invites all applicants with proper
credentials to apply for the position. Mixed Company Theatre thanks all candidates for their interest however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please send résumé and cover letter detailing how you can capture our up-coming Inter-Generational programming by no later than January 1st 2015
Please quote Evaluation Consultant on the subject line when applying by email.
To: Hiring Committee – Inter-Generational Evaluation Consultant
c/o Kristin Bartlett – Artistic Project Manager
Mixed Company Theatre
Toronto ON M5A 2K3