Festival Players of Prince Edward County is seeking a General Manager to begin work with the company starting in February 2015.
Festival Players is a professional summer theatre company serving Prince Edward County, Ontario. Prince Edward County is a vibrant rural community in Eastern Ontario with a busy summer tourism season bolstered by wineries, beaches, arts and culinary experiences. Festival Players produces and presents contemporary Canadian theatre, staged in non-traditional rural venues throughout the County. All of this taken together presents a unique and exciting work experience for an innovative, energetic General Manager. For more information about Festival Players, visit http://www.festivalplayers.ca
The General Manager provides administrative leadership for the company and works in close collaboration with the Artistic Director to achieve the strategic goals of the company. The General Manager develops and executes action plans in the areas of financial management, revenue development, human resources, marketing and communications, relationship building/outreach, and administrative processes and policies. The General Manager assures the company operates at the highest professional level and shares in a passionate commitment to the presentation of Canadian theatre.
In collaboration with the Artistic Director, the General Manager will:
- Participate in long term strategic and operating planning and review;
- Prepare annual budgets and operations plans;
- Work to secure adequate funding for the company from a variety of revenue streams (sales, grants, sponsorships, individual gifts, and other fund raising activities);
- Continue to build relationships and networks with local, provincial and national communities;
- Support the work of the Board of Directors;
- Coordinate and support production and presentation activity during the theatre season and other ancillary events;
- Develop marketing and communications plans.
The General Manager will also have primary responsibility for:
- Overseeing daily operations of the theatre when in season;
- Implementing the marketing and fund raising campaigns;
- Recruiting and working closely with business sponsors and community partners;
- Hiring, supervising and providing leadership for audience services staff (Front of House, Box Office, volunteers etc);
- Financial administration, monitoring annual budgets and cash flow;
- Negotiating and administering all contracts;
- Providing leadership in information technology and systems including database, ticketing system, website, book keeping software, and cloud-based systems for marketing and communications.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- High degree of motivation and professionalism;
- Experienced income manager for the arts with proven track record of generating revenue from a variety of income streams;
- Experience in and understanding of performing arts organizations, including at least 3 years of professional theatre management;
- Ability to communicate effectively and work productively with artists and administrative and production staff;
- Ability to build positive relationships with a wide variety of organizational stakeholders in a rural community;
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions;
- Strong communication, speaking and presentation skills;
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with technology. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite is essential. Proficiency in any of WordPress, Photoshop, InDesign, Salesforce, databases, ticketing systems, and/or book keeping software would be advantageous.
This position is designed as a full-time, year-round position; however, the scope and structure of the position could be adjusted for the right candidate. All candidates with relevant experience and an interest in working in the arts in Prince Edward County are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should submit a resume including at least 2 references by January 5, 2015 to: email@example.com with “GM Application” in the subject line. Only email applications will be accepted. No phone calls please.