About Bard on the Beach Shakespeare Festival:
Bard on the Beach Theatre Society is Western Canada’s largest Shakespeare Festival with an annual budget of over $5 million and welcomes over 100,000 patrons per year. Entering its 26th Season in 2015, the Festival offers Shakespeare plays, related dramas, and several special events from June through September in two large theatre tents in a magnificent setting on the waterfront in Vanier Park and arts education programming year-round.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Head of Wardrobe has overall managerial responsibility for Wardrobe construction, Wigs and Makeup and the Wardrobe staff.
Areas of Responsibility and Oversight:
The Head of Wardrobe’s responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Coordination of all wardrobe construction activities related to performance and rehearsal.
- Management of the wardrobe shop and suppliers.
- Recruiting and managing all Wardrobe personnel.
- Tracking and reporting all wardrobe and related expenditures.
- Ensuring that wardrobe construction stays on schedule and within assigned budgets including payroll.
- Supervising the construction of wardrobe and related pieces.
- Coordination of pulled, rented or purchased costumes.
- Creation of a show manual for the running crew.
- Overseeing costume stock and rentals.
- Ensuring all wardrobe activities are performed in a safe and orderly manner consistent with company policy, practice and procedures.
- Previous experience with construction of repertory productions or other overlapping schedules.
- Previous experience leading large build teams for stage/ theatrical productions.
- Strong familiarity with period cutting and construction of costumes and related accessories.
- Knowledge of and experience in laundry and fabric cleaning techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with construction for extended runs or outdoor performances is an asset.
- Familiarity with arts festivals is an asset.
Duration: Full-time February through July, part-time August through January.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Apply: Please submit cover letter with salary expectations and resume by Friday, December 31, 2014 to:
Mark “Sparky” Lawrence, Production Manager via:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (include “Head of Wardrobe” in subject heading), or
- Mail: 203-456 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC, V5Y 1R3
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.