Immediate full-time position available for a Marketing Manager
Soulpepper is an artist-founded, classical repertory company with a three-tiered mandate to present vital Canadian interpretations of history’s great stories, to train the next generation of theatre artists and to enrich and inspire youth through mentorship and access. Since its inception in 1998, Soulpepper has built:
- A 12 month season of more than 600 performances
- A passionate audience of over 100,000 each year
- An artistic ensemble of 150 established and emerging theatre artists
- A paid residency program for Canadian theatre artists
- A robust portfolio of youth programs, reaching over 8,500 youth annually
- A 46,000 square foot state-of-the-art performing arts facility – the Young Centre for the Performing Arts – which anchors Toronto’s Distillery District
Soulpepper is proud to be North America’s only year-round classical repertory company, a prominent Canadian producer of original work from existing sources, a leading employer of artists in the City of Toronto and a partner in neighborhood education initiatives.
The organization resides in our own permanent facility, the Young Centre for the Performing Arts, and we will continue to grow our programming and community activities. Soulpepper is also the managing partner of the Young Centre.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Marketing Manager will be broadly responsible for managing and executing all aspects of the company’s day-to-day marketing plans and initiatives. Beyond the administrative proficiency this position requires the Marketing Manager to have its prime concern the artistic vitality of Soulpepper and its unique positioning within a crowded marketplace.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning, managing and executing the marketing plan including placement of advertising, brochures, promotions and media partnerships
- Planning and managing all forms of electronic marketing including all websites (i.e. soulpepper.ca, youngcentre.ca, stage play), e-newsletters, rich media (audio/video), social
media, digital advertising and blogs
- Developing and continually monitoring the annual marketing budget, providing forecast and
maximizing revenue from ticket sales in accordance with established financial policies and
- Develop links and coordinate ongoing communications with the performing arts community
and the broader community at large to stimulate awareness and engage existing and new
- Provides marketing reports to the Director of Communications for senior volunteers as
needed for Board meetings and various donor stewardship requests.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple deadlines
- Excellent time management, organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and as part of a team
- Professionalism, maturity and sensitivity to confidential information
- Computer and financial literacy (including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel) with the
ability to design and maintain internal systems including reports, and critical paths
- Proficiency in the professional use of social media tools (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Passion for the performing arts
- Knowledge of Tessitura an asset.
- Post secondary degree in arts administration and related field, and/or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience
- 5 years related experience in a performing arts organization
The Marketing Manager role represents an incredible opportunity to participate in the evolution of one of the most exciting performing arts organizations in Canada. The compensation package will include an annual salary commensurate with experience, and comprehensive employment benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Only candidates with legal authorization to work in Canada will be considered. Soulpepper is an equal opportunity employer and invites all applicants with proper credentials to apply for the position.
Soulpepper thanks all candidates for their interest however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please send résumé and cover letter (including salary expectations) detailing how you can contribute to this dynamic not-for-profit arts organization by no later than January 12, 2015
Please quote MM15 on the subject line when applying by email.
To: Search Committee – Marketing Manager
c/o Leslie Lester, Executive Director
Soulpepper Theatre Company
50 Tank House Lane
Toronto ON M5A 3C4