Tafelmusik is seeking a new Office Coordinator & Development Assistant. This is a full-time salaried position reporting to the Director of Philanthropy, and provides administrative assistance to all members of staff. The position is approximately 50% office coordination, 25% development assistance, and 25% administrative assistance to the Managing Director.
The successful candidate will have a keen interest in arts administration, be an outgoing, self-
motivated, active team player, have a passion for music, and have a deep interest in contributing to the mission and success of Tafelmusik.
The Office Coordinator & Development Assistant keeps the Tafelmusik office running smoothly.
Using patience, tact and diplomacy, this position is the first contact with Tafelmusik’s many publics, including subscribers, single ticket buyers, musicians, guest artists, volunteers, donors, government officials, and the Board of Directors. The Office Coordinator has a key role in maintaining the smooth operations of the office, ensuring the regular and ongoing back-up of all computer shared drives, and assisting other staff members, as well as maintaining confidentiality of information.
As the Development Assistant the successful candidate will be in integral part of the development teamby updating and maintaining donor records, creating reports, managing campaign mailings, assisting with donor events, and having a lead role in the acknowledgement and stewardship process.
This position provides administrative assistance to the Managing Director and prepares meeting materials as needed.
Hours of Work
9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday, with concert duty approximately two evenings per month (may include weekends) and additional evenings as required.
- Degree or diploma in a relevant field and a strong interest in music and the arts
- Exceptional administrative and organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Very strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, database software)
- Strong interpersonal skills and a pleasant demeanor
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain office supplies budget effectively
- Ability to work independently in a team environment
- A background in music or the arts is considered an asset
Areas of Responsibility:
General Administrative Support
- Open and close the office each business day
- Direct incoming calls, mail, faxes and courier packages
- Maintain orderliness of general office, kitchen, and supplies area
- Order and maintain office supplies
- Assist with office mailings
Office Operations Management
- Maintain the integrity of the office computer network and other office equipment & systems (i.e. email service and website connection) including troubleshooting, liaising with technical
service providers and managing the data backup system
- Manage and maintain all other office equipment & systems (i.e. telephone system,
fax/photocopier, postage meter, etc.) and provide assistance to staff and musicians as required
- Develop and maintain procedural records pertaining to various areas of office operations
Managing Director Administrative Support
- Manage the preparation for meetings of the Board of Directors and committees of the Board, and assist the Managing Director with related duties
- Assisting with organizing meetings
- Assist with correspondence, filing, faxing, grant application distribution, mailings, couriers and database maintenance as required
- Additional administrative assistance as required
- Assist development team in ensuring timely mailing of tax receipts and thank you letters
- Track and balance tax receipts
- Pull lists from ProVenue Max for membership renewals and other direct mail campaigns, and ensure timely mailing
- Assist with a range of special events, including donor lounges and preparations for
Tafelmusik’s annual fundraising gala
Finance Administrative Support
- Prepare invoices as requested by staff
- Obtain double signatures and cheque certification as required
- Administer and manage petty cash
- Assist with preparation of annual audit
You will also have the opportunity to:
- Be part of an organization recognized for its excellence in period performance;
- Be a participant in a wide variety of events and initiatives; and
- Have access to tickets to performances at Tafelmusik and partnering organizations.
Please note that due to the financial responsibilities associated with this job, a criminal reference check may be required.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter along with a current résumé/CV by January 30, 2015, however, please note that this position may be filled prior to the deadline if a suitable candidate has been identified.
Applications should be sent to:
Director of Philanthropy
Tafelmusik thanks all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.